Sunday, July 30, 2006

One Year Later!


Today is our Anniversary and this weekend we spent Saturday Night at the Guest Lodge at Crooked Creek Ranch YL Camp. This was of course all thanks to katie's senior year roommate Susan who is interning as the Guest Services Coordinator for the camp this summer. It was awesome to be back at a YL camp with Katie and to be staying up late with my College buddy, Mark who was also at the Camp as a leader with his group from Charleston. I hadn't seen Mark since the wedding.

One of the best things about the trip was the fact that Ryan Long was leading the worship at the camp and was playing as we walked into the club room last night. Ryan led the music at a Windy Gap YL weekend in North Carolina 4 years ago that both Katie and I went to. I really liked his music but the reason it made me so nostalgic was because that was the weekend that I kissed Katie for the first time (on the back of the head that is.). I will never forget sitting by the pool trying to convince her that she shouldn't go to school in California and that she should go to UNC. I didn't even really know her at the time I just thought she was cute and wanted her to go to school near Duke.

5 comments:

les said...

that is the most precious thing i've ever heard! happy anniversary, birthday, baby, colorado move!!!! yey!! celebration!

Marty said...

Sounds so great! I am glad you had a great time!

Cute pic, by the way.

whitney and jesse said...

Ummm... can y'all be any darn cuter? I dont' think so. Katie, thanks for checking our blog. As soon as I learn how to add you to my links, I will. I check your blog all the time. You are beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you guys! We love and miss you. Whit

Blair said...

I can't believe that you only have seven weeks left! You look amazing and you guys seem completely prepared. Totally changing the subject (and I apologize in advance for leaving this on your blog - I don't have your email), I need your new address. I mailed you a shower invitation for Leigh and it got returned (I totally understand if you have a previous engagement :) ) and I'm getting ready to finally mail out birth announcements for Matthew. Anyways - congratulations on your year anniversary and I can't wait to see Will!

Dan Morehead said...

Awww...good looking couple. Here's to one year of marriage and many happy ones to follow!